Aside from the occasional omelet, vegetables rarely make an appearance at the breakfast table (at least in this country). It's a mild injustice - salads for breakfast can be really, really good.
I have my favorites (this one, for example), but below are three more I plan to try out soon. (Clicking on each image will take you to the corresponding recipe.)
4 large bibb lettuce or large spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 cucumber, peeled and cut into ¼ inch strips
1 small jicama, peeled and cut into ¼ inch strips
1 bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch strips
1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into ¼ inch strips
2 TBL lime juice
1) Place a few slices each of the cucumber, mango, jicama and bell pepper on a lettuce leaf.
2) Squeeze some lime over it and add freshly ground black pepper.
3) Roll it up and tie it with a chive, if you wish.
This is a quick, healthy, and tasty breakfast for one. It's so easy my 6 year old makes it!
1) Crack an egg into a bowl and mix well.
2) Lightly but thoroughly coat the inside of a ramekin with olive oil.
3) Pour the egg into the ramekin.
4) Optional: add diced peppers, onions, jalapeño, chopped herbs, cheese...
5) Microwave on high for approx. 1 minute (microwave times vary).